Planning for the Unexpected
The death of a spouse or family member is a traumatic experience that can shake the very foundations of your life. There are several things to consider that will help you from being overwhelmed by financial difficulties in the unfortunate event that you lose a loved one.
- Are my Estate Planning documents (Wills, Trusts, Health Care proxies, etc.) up to date and consistent with current tax codes?
- Are there Trust instruments I should be using, e.g., Living Revocable Trusts, Special Needs Trusts, Irrevocable Trusts, Generation Skipping Trusts, etc.
- Should I designate Guardians for my children and Trustees for my estate?
- Do I have the right amount and right type of insurance, e.g., Life, Disability Income, Long Term Care? Are they coordinated with my other assets and legal documents?
- What’s the best way to establish charitable vehicles? Family Foundation, Donor Advised Fund, Direct Gifts or Charitable Trusts?
Most importantly, you and your spouse should ask, “Who could my spouse turn to for financial guidance if something happened to me?”
Lenox Advisors can help. Our team has the background and experience to guide you and your family through tough times. No matter what financial instrument we recommend, it will be part of a larger financial plan — one that you lead, based on your goals and your situation.
The Lenox Personal CFO™ can streamline that planning process. It provides a single access point through which all your financial matters can be efficiently managed, and all your issues addressed. We coordinate all your financial affairs, all your advisors.
Our mission is to be the single resource for comprehensive private wealth management for successful executives, business owners and affluent individuals by fully and completely serving their financial needs. Our clients rely on us to integrate and organize every single aspect of their financial lives, eliminating the need to assemble multiple advisors on their own.
The information provided is not written or intended as tax or legal advice and may not be relied on for purposes of avoiding any Federal tax penalties. CRN202111-256851